Cereals And Other Produce Board Of Tanzania (CPB)
The Cereals and Other Produce Board of Tanzania (CPB) is a Government institution established through the Cereals and Other Produce Act No. 19 of 2009 to provide for promotion and development of cereals and other agricultural produce and to provide for other related matter. According to the act, the main function of the Board is to carry out commercial activities and such other activities as are necessary, advantageous or proper for the development of the cereals and other produce industry.
CPB Headquarters is located in Dodoma at Central Business Park, Mbugani area along VETA Road. Currently, CPB offices outside Dodoma operate in seven Branch offices as follows: Eastern (Dar es Salaam City in Dar es Salaam Region), Southern (Mtwara Municipality in Mtwara Region) Southern Highlands (Iringa Municipality in Iringa Region), Northern (Arusha City in Arusha Region) Western (Kigoma Municipality in Kigoma Region), Lake (Mwanza City in Mwanza Region) and Central (Dodoma City in Dodoma Region).
The Headquarters is responsible for providing Branch Offices with technical and professional support, establishing standards, systems and procedures for resources management, utilization, capacity building, coordinating the Board’s technical services, monitoring and evaluating the performance of field operations. All operational matters of the CPB are handled at the Branches, and that the Headquarters deals with strategic management issues.
CPB is seeking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions and work as part of a team that meet the expectations of the CPB.
(i) Entry Qualification
Holder of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or any other related fields from recognised University/lnstitutions.
Duties and responsibilities
- To prepare accounts documentation;
- To dispatch voucher lists to Head of sections; To make batching of payment vouchers as per Cashbook;
- To keep batches of Payment Voucher, Cashbook and Exchequer Receipt Vouchers;
- To maintain Petty Cashbook and Register;
- To maintain incoming and outgoing cheque register;
- To assist in preparation of financial reports;
- To assist in preparation of pay roll computations and reports;
- Assists in carrying out regular bank reconciliation.
Please take note of the following:
- Applications must be accompanied by with certified copies of relevant certificates. Testimonials and partial transcripts will not be accepted.
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) while Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education and diploma should be certified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and/or National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
Method of Application
- All applications must be sent by using the following address; Director General, Cereals and Other Produce Board,
- Central Business Park, Mbugani Area, 24 VETA Street,
- P.O.Box 337,
- Email address: email@example.com
- All applications sent through email should have all the required documents scanned in pdf format and attached.
- Closing date for receiving application 30 June, 2020
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
CEREALS AND OTHER PRODUCE BOARD