- Company: Amref Health Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Amref Health Africa
Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa has over 1000 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and South Africa, Malawi, Zambia, South Sudan and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child Health, Water and sanitation, e learning programme and clinical outreach. With the above background, Amref Health Africa Tanzania has the following vacancies:
Position: Assistant Programme Accountant (5)
Job Location: Dar es Salaam
Report to: Programme Accountant
To provide processing and coordination support to the Programme Accountants within the defined area of specialization.
KEY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Record Management; Assist in preparation of donor financial reports and maintaining debtors and prepayment files.
- Data preparation and entry; Preparation of internal recovery and reconciliation journals, daily data entry from payment vouchers, petty cash voucher, surrender journal entries and receipts against banking credit slips, processing JVs for all MPESA requests and review and coding of purchase requisitions and staff imprest in the ERP
- Managing Creditors; maintaining an up to date creditor’s status (matching invoices to LPOs and GRNs, checking correctness and accuracy of the invoices preparation of payment of creditors). Ensuring as much as possible all invoices are PO based, exceptions must have approved justification. Reviewing of the creditors accounts and respond to supplier queries
- Managing Debtors; maintaining an up to date debtors status, verifying that staff qualifies for imprest before passing the request for approval, following up with the receipts/invoices for deposits paid and reviewing debtors account and monitoring imprests
- Managing Ledgers; preparing inter-ledgers and bank reconciliation statements and reparing monthly audit trails
- Audit; provide audit support to allocated projects, prepare files in advance of audit visit and respond to audit issues and queries as appropriate
- Grants management; co-ordinate the project’s grants accounting, reporting, compliance and risk management. Review and finalize sub recipients budgets, prepare contracts/agreements and follow up on compliance. Handle correspondences and matters in regard to grant management in consultation with the Program Accountant.
- Receive and review periodic grants reports for all sub recipients, liquidate the eligible costs and take relevant action on the expenses rendered ineligible.
- Provide feedback to all Sub recipients on grants performance, provide technical support and supervise the sub recipients to ensure full compliance with the Global Fund requirements. Provide on-site mentorship to sub recipients and capacity development to them to plan, implement, monitor and report on grants awarded.
- Organize and facilitate training, workshops/seminars for the sub recipients, to facilitate understanding of the grants process, implementation, reporting and accounting
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field
- CPA II
- Three (3) years’ experience
- Experience handling multi-currency transactions
Method of Application
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours June 15, 2020. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved.
All correspondences should be directed to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
- Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
- “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
- Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.