- Company: Amref Health Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Amref Health Africa
Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa has over 1000 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and South Africa, Malawi, Zambia, South Sudan and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child Health, Water and sanitation, e learning programme and clinical outreach. With the above background, Amref Health Africa Tanzania has the following vacancies:
Position: Assistant Treasury Accountant (1)
Job Location: Dar es Salaam
Report to: Treasury Accountant
To process all TCO payments, preparing EFT, Cheque and Mpesa vouchers/schedules as appropriate.
KEY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Processing Payments; process approved supplier payments and staff advances through EFT, cheques or Mpesa as appropriate. Process country call downs as approved by management and creation and input of supplier bank details (on basis of an independent written confirmation) into Navision.
- Banking of receipts; bank all receipts including student payments and staff surrenders, ensuring a detailed receipt schedule is prepared matching the balance paid in
- Interledger reconciliations; prepare monthly interledger reconciliations with all Country Offices and Head Quarters and ensure outstanding entries are promptly dealt with so that there are no outstanding items at the year end
- Cash and bank management; monitor bank balances to ensure adequacy of funds for smooth daily operation of the bank accounts and to detect any reconciling items and process foreign exchange conversion and fixed deposit investments as approved by Senior Management
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field
- Four (4) years’ experience
- Experience handling multi-currency transactions
Method of Application
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours June 15, 2020. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved.
All correspondences should be directed to: Email: email@example.com. Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
- Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
- “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
- Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.