Location: Based in either Nairobi, Addis Ababa, or Dar es Salaam, with travel across East Africa as may be required (Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda and Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC))
- Farm Africa has attracted seed capital to establish a business development services (BDS) Unit called Cultivate. Cultivate is based in Nairobi, and the team will work across all five of Farm Africa’s countries of operation in Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda and Democratic Republic of Congo
- (DRC). It will work with small and growing agribusinesses (SGBs) in strategic value chains over 3 years to identify opportunities for growth through the development and execution of tailored capacity building plans. Cultivate will seek to de-risk SGBs’ investment in appropriate BDS to actuate their growth plans, and stimulate and monitor improved business performance.
- Cultivate is seeking a Business Advisor who will work with SGBs in the region to improve their operations, access financing and investment, improve revenue and profitability through provision of targeted Business development services.
- The sustainable growth of SGBs is central to the transformation of rural communities. As they grow, businesses can create and increase rural incomes, create upstream and downstream jobs, and empower women and young people. Farm Africa’s mission is to reduce poverty permanently by unleashing African farmers’ ability to grow their incomes and manage their natural resources sustainably. Farm Africa partners with agribusinesses, service providers, and smallholder farmers to drive agricultural development and promote economic growth. Central to our strategy is ensuring that our interventions are economically sustainable and scalable. The integration of robust market linkages into our programming is therefore a crucial part of our mission to scale interventions cost-effectively within existing market eco-systems.
Method of Application
- If you are interested in this role, more information and details of how to apply can be found on the jobs page of our website www.farmafrica.org/jobs/jobs
- The deadline for applications is 5.00 pm EAT on Wednesday 24 June 2020. Only candidates with the right to live and work in the chosen/relevant location will be considered for this position.
- Farm Africa will not sponsor relocation or work permit application. While we would like to respond to all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Farm Africa is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. We also do not charge a fee at any stage of our recruitment process.