- Company: Amref Health Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Amref Health Africa
Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa has over 1000 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and South Africa, Malawi, Zambia, South Sudan and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child Health, Water and sanitation, e learning programme and clinical outreach. With the above background, Amref Health Africa Tanzania has the following vacancies:
Position: Financial Accountant (1)
Job Location: Dar es Salaam
Report to: Head of Finance
To provide timely, accurate and efficient accounting and financial management support for administrative cost centres and programmes in line with corporate finance policies, procedures and donor grant agreements.
KEY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Assisting administrative cost centre managers in budget preparation; receiving work plan from managers, ensuring that manager’s quantifications give a close approximation of the actual costs. Advice on any costs you feel has been omitted or does not reflect the actual cost that might be incurred and forward the budget to the manager for onward consolidation
- Support administrative managers with budget implementation and monitoring; receive approved budget, develop budget codes and put them in a format acceptable to the accounting system. Ensuring that all expenditure requisitions are supported by availability of funds in the budget.
- Sending cost center performance to managers and then discussing that performance to ensure everything is on track. Assist cost center managers to control spending in their respective cost canters, ensure all recoveries from administrative cost centers are fully and timely done.
- Processing supplier’s invoices, ensuring that the invoices have been properly approved. Ensuring that the goods invoiced have been received and that a GRN had been raised at the time of receiving the goods and ensuring that the invoice amount does not exceed the LPO amount.
- Maintenance of debtors accounts; allocation of all debtors balances to ensure that they are easily understood and provide reliable information on the outstanding debts. Raising concerns with the respective manager if debts are not being serviced and recommend necessary action on unpaid debts.
- Administrative cost centre management; approving staff imprest requisition based on budget availability. Checking accuracy of surrenders. Giving professional advice to managers on performance of their cost centre based on financial data obtained from the system.
- Approval of administrative purchase requisitions and contract requisitions; check for availability of funds in the budget. For purchase requisitions ensure that the minimum numbers of quotes have been obtained where applicable. Ensure that the requisition has been approved by the cost center manager and code the expense and forward the requisition for final approval by manager.
- Updating schedules; maintaining an up to date fixed asset register, prepare depreciation schedules and update the ledger. Maintaining a project assets listing and prepare schedule of other income
- Support to external audit function (Statutory Audit); ensuring that statutory audit is carried out successfully. Participate in both entry and exit meetings including dealing with various queries during the course of the audit where necessary and responses to management letters. Ensure that Auditors understand the Amref Health Africa accounting system for them to be able to conduct the audit.
- Ensuring that auditors get all the required documents and information requested during the audit, preparation of Annual financial statements, responding to Audit queries, follow up actions and sharing with Senior Program Accountant for inclusion in the Audit tracker. Ensuring that the recommendations by the auditors are implemented immediately so that they do not appear again in the subsequent years and updating and submission of the organization audit tracker as per Amref HQ requirements
- Payroll Administration; preparation of monthly payroll for payment by 25th of every month, posting salary allocations from all payroll and filing all tax returns timely
- Ledger inputs; posting journals in Navision system i.e. all payments, surrenders and other JVs, review monthly recharges to and from various units these include; stationery, mileage, communication merchandise, time and occupancy and update chart of accounts in the Navision
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- The job requires CPA (T) qualification to be able to handle the challenges of the position. A business related degree should be an added advantage for a candidate for this position.
- Six (6) years’ experience is necessary to be able to handle the challenges of the job but this might depend on the candidate’s numerical, analytical and intellectual ability.
- Computer literacy is a must for a job holder. It is important for the candidate to have a thorough knowledge in Excel, prior experience in donor reports and prior experience in computerized accounting systems preferably Sun.
- Thorough understanding of Tanzania tax laws, International Financial Reporting Standards and experience in application and enforcement of the standards at the corporate level
Method of Application
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours June 15, 2020. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved.
All correspondences should be directed to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
- Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
- “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
- Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.