Manager Internal Audit Risk Assurance Job Description & Summary
At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 276,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services. In Africa, we’re the largest provider of professional services with offices in 34 countries and over 9,000 people. This enables us to provide our clients with seamless and consistent service, wherever they’re located on the continent.
In East Africa, our member firms in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania work together to build trust in society and solve important problems. Our in-depth knowledge and understanding of operating environments in the region enables us to put ourselves in our clients’ shoes and offer truly tailored Tax, Assurance and Advisory solutions to unique business challenges.
About Risk Assurance Services in Tanzania
Our Risk Assurance Services practitioners help management make well informed decisions. The insight and independent assurance we bring provides an invaluable safeguard in today’s complex operating environment. We help boards as well as shareholders benefit from an enhanced internal audit and risk management function that provides better value for money and increased assurance. Through our Risk Assurance Services practice we provide the following broad categories of services to clients:Information Technology Risk Assurance Internal Audit Enterprise Risk Management; and Business Controls Assurance.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Significant role in building and driving the Internal Audit team to achieve budget / strategy;
- Prepare annual internal audit plans, terms of reference and report deliverables to a high standard;
- Leading a diverse client portfolio reporting to the Partner/ Director Groups;
- Managing and building day-to-day client relationships and attend/ present to audit committees;
- Significant role in the development of new business relationships and business proposals; and
- Managing junior staff and coaching.
Other tasks involved:
- Internal audit assignments;
- Assessment, design and testing of control and compliance frameworks;
- Building relationships both internally and externally with other internal audit professionals;
- ISAE 3000/3402; and
- Risk management and governance
Essential skills and experience
- Relevant professional qualification (i.e CIA/ACCA/CISA)
- A proven track record of experience in internal audit and areas described above – minimum of six (6+) years.
- Proven experience in building strong relationships.
- Experience in working in Internal Audit functions in industry or through professional services.
- Be output focused and able to work autonomously without day-to-day supervision.
- Be experienced in coaching and developing other members of staff.
- Specific experience in compliance and regulation across industries.
- Have the ability to develop client relationships.
- Be able to demonstrate comfortability in leading teams and willing to proactively contribute to the team.
- Experience of working in a professional services environment is desirable.
- Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
- Degrees/Field of Study required: Bachelor Degree Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
- Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
0. Global: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) Credential – The Institute of Internal Auditors (required), 0. Global: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) Credential – Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) (preferred), 0. Global: ACCA – Exam Qualified – ACCA (preferred)Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)English Travel Requirements Up to 20%Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No Government Clearance Required?No Job Posting End Date June 22, 2020