Cereals And Other Produce Board Of Tanzania (CPB)
The Cereals and Other Produce Board of Tanzania (CPB) is a Government institution established through the Cereals and Other Produce Act No. 19 of 2009 to provide for promotion and development of cereals and other agricultural produce and to provide for other related matter. According to the act, the main function of the Board is to carry out commercial activities and such other activities as are necessary, advantageous or proper for the development of the cereals and other produce industry.
CPB Headquarters is located in Dodoma at Central Business Park, Mbugani area along VETA Road. Currently, CPB offices outside Dodoma operate in seven Branch offices as follows: Eastern (Dar es Salaam City in Dar es Salaam Region), Southern (Mtwara Municipality in Mtwara Region) Southern Highlands (Iringa Municipality in Iringa Region), Northern (Arusha City in Arusha Region) Western (Kigoma Municipality in Kigoma Region), Lake (Mwanza City in Mwanza Region) and Central (Dodoma City in Dodoma Region).
The Headquarters is responsible for providing Branch Offices with technical and professional support, establishing standards, systems and procedures for resources management, utilization, capacity building, coordinating the Board’s technical services, monitoring and evaluating the performance of field operations. All operational matters of the CPB are handled at the Branches, and that the Headquarters deals with strategic management issues.
CPB is seeking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions and work as part of a team that meet the expectations of the CPB.
- Holder of a Degree in Marketing, Business Administration from a recognised institution or its equivalent qualification. And knowledge of the Cereals and Other Produce industry. Masters degree is an added advantage.
- Two to five years’ experience in marketing, advertising, brand management or sales Strong communication, sales and presentation study Knowledge of current marketing and multimedia platforms
- Strong budgeting, internet and computer skills
(iii). Duties and Responsibilities
- Collecting, compiling and disseminating of data on marketing of Cereals and Other Produce, distribution, export/import and other information on the Cereals and Other Produce industry both national and international;
- Making periodic research /surveys in the major market areas in the country to access Cereals and Other Produce market trends supply and demand thereof;
- Facilitating marketing surveys to validate collected data/information;
- Preparing Cereals and Other Produce marketing and sales plans in consultation with the Principal Marketing and Sales Officer;
- Implementing approved Cereals and Other Produce sales strategies;
- Participating in activities, which promote the marketing of the Cereals and Other Produce industry in Tanzania;
- Undertaking any other duty as may be directed from time to time by the Senior Officer.
Please take note of the following:
- Applications must be accompanied by with certified copies of relevant certificates. Testimonials and partial transcripts will not be accepted.
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) while Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education and diploma should be certified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and/or National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
Method of Application
- All applications must be sent by using the following address; Director General, Cereals and Other Produce Board,
- Central Business Park, Mbugani Area, 24 VETA Street,
- P.O.Box 337,
- Email address: email@example.com
- All applications sent through email should have all the required documents scanned in pdf format and attached.
- Closing date for receiving application 30 June, 2020
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
CEREALS AND OTHER PRODUCE BOARD