- Company: Amref Health Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mbeya Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Amref Health Africa
Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”.
Amref Health Africa has over 1000 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and South Africa, Malawi, Zambia, South Sudan and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child Health, Water and sanitation, e learning programme and clinical outreach. With the above background, Amref Health Africa Tanzania has the following vacancies:
Position: Project Driver (1)
Job Location: Mbeya
Report to: Transport Supervisor
To provide transportation service to assigned programme/project/unit and to execute required quality technical skills in driving the project Motor vehicle by supporting the project team, partners and stakeholders during the project implementation activities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Driving assigned vehicle while ferrying staff or assets on official work.
- Maintaining cleanness of assigned vehicles.
- Maintaining up-to- date and accurate records in the vehicle work ticket.
- Safeguarding the vehicle and all of its contents in his/her custody.
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is well serviced and in good mechanical order.
- Good track record, smart and well groomed
Qualifications and Experience
- O level certificate
- Mechanical training
- A valid Class C Clean Driving License
- At least 4 years driving experience
- Competence certificate from either VETA or NIT
Method of Application
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours June 15, 2020. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved.
All correspondences should be directed to: Email: email@example.com. Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
- Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
- “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
- Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.