The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI) is a non-governmental organisation that plays a pivotal role in complementing the Government of Tanzania’s efforts towards the attainment of its development goals. AGPAHI strives to provide quality and integrated HIV/AIDS health services to children and families. AGPAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPAHI is looking for a motivated, result driven, qualified and competent staff to fill the position of Senior Compliance Officer.
Job Title : Senior Compliance Officer
Location : Dar es salaam
Reporting to : Finance, Audit and Risk Committee of the Board
Purpose of the post
Provide the organization with guidance on financial accuracy, internal controls and regulatory compliance. To examine and improve operating practices, financial and risk management processes of the organization.
Senior Compliance Officer is expected to (but not limited to as well):
- Check the compliance to US Government regulations, organization policies & Procedures
- Examine and consider the adequacy of Internal controls throughout the accounting cycle
- Evaluate and check the reliability and integrity of financial and operational information;
- Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of AGPAHI’s operations at all levels
- Review the information systems environment and government statutes;
- Review, appraise and report on:
- Adequacy and proper application of controls while considering exposure to fraud or /and irregularities
- The extent of compliance, relevance and financial effect of policies, plans and procedures.
- Economy, efficiency and effective use of resources
- The safeguarding of assets;
- Report on any serious weakness, significant fraud or major accounting breakdown.
- Evaluate the achievement of established operational goals and objectives;
- Check on reliability, usefulness and integrity of performance information.
- Follow up on implementation of External Audit recommendations and the Internal Auditors’ recommendations.
- Recommend improvements to systems and procedures;
- Ensure organization compliance to Donor reporting as stipulated in the Award and rules and regulations
- In collaboration with PMU unit asses the organization Performance to Donor’s targets and overall organization KPIs
- Follow up on implementation of Risk Register and report any new identified risks and identify potential risks of non-compliance by AGPAHI
- regular basis recommend improvements in AGPAHI operations based on identified risks
- Develop a training plan to educate employees on compliance issues to improve their understanding of the terms and conditions of the Award by providing donor compliance advice and training so that programs are delivered responsibly with minimized compliance risk.
- Conduct investigations and make recommendations in non-compliance cases.
- Maintain legal, financial and regulatory knowledge and update compliance register of AGPAHI.
- Review and follow up on updating of internal policies on compliance matters.
- Prepare and file required official documents in compliance matters.
- A university degree finance, accounting, Business Administration or a related field
- Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP)) is an added advantage
- 3-5 years’ proven experience in compliance/internal or external audit officer role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly-analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Experience in risk management
- Previous experience providing compliance training.
- Demonstrated knowledge and prior experience working with a variety of USG agencies such as USAID, CDC, etc;
- Project Management experience
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit internal recruitment form and CV (not exceeding four pages) before close of the business on Tuesday 30th June, 2020 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .Please mention the title of the position in your email and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
AGPAHI is an equal opportunity employer.