GIZ June, 2020
As a federal company, GIZ supports the federal government in achieving its goals in international cooperation for sustainable development.
Field of activity
The Good Financial Governance project supports the government’s reform program with the aim of strengthening the public finance system in Tanzania according to criteria of good financial governance, in particular transparency, efficiency and accountability. For this purpose, the project works together with the General Internal Audit of the Ministry of Finance and the Court of Auditors across the Dar es Salaam and Dodoma locations.
In various regions of Tanzania, the local authorities are also advised on the management of their own income and the dialogue on this with citizens and civil society is strengthened. Accordingly, the project is being implemented in four areas: 1) Strengthening external financial control; 2) strengthening the internal audit system;
- Monitoring of results by means of financial project controlling and risk management
- Financial reporting to the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development and the Kofi donors as well as the operation of an innovative cost-performance analysis
- Advising the heads of the fields of action on controlling and monitoring the use of funds
- Supervision of internal and external audits
- Cash management as well as processing of project closing invoices and post-calculations of old projects
- Responsibility for all routine commercial tasks and IT system maintenance
- Setting up and implementing efficient administrative processes and quality assurance for tenders
- Management of around eight national employees
- Completed commercial training, university degree in business administration or comparable qualification
- Several years of relevant professional experience in finance and administration at GIZ
- Experience in the management of co-financed projects and knowledge of the administrative processes with third party funders
- Excellent communication skills and a high level of cultural empathy
- first leadership experience desirable
- Ability to work in a team, resilience to a very high degree and a respectful, credible and confident demeanor
- Knowledge in dealing with the common MS Office programs; Knowledge of SAP is an advantage
- Proficient in German and English
Under the following link you will find information about living and working in Tanzania .
The security situation is tense. Special precautionary measures apply to GIZ employees on site. The GIZ security measures must be followed at all times. Please always inform yourself about country-specific information provided by the Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management has been appointed in the local GIZ office. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not restrict family members from leaving the country. We ask you, if necessary, to find out which forms of relationship are legally and socially accepted in the country of assignment.
GIZ operates worldwide. As a GIZ employee you are ready to work internationally and are happy to pass on your know-how.
The workplace is suitable for full-time or part-time staff.
Please understand that we can only accept and process applications via our e-recruiting system. After confirming the successfully created application, we ask you to check your spam / junk folder regularly, as e-mails from our eRecruiting system are classified as spam by some providers.
GIZ wants to increase the proportion of people with disabilities in the company. We are therefore happy to receive applications.
Here you can get an overview of our service packages.
Application time: June 30, 2020
Method of Application
Closing Date : 30th June, 2020.