- Company: Chemonics
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Chemonics seeks a national or international Team Leader for an anticipated multi-year, DFID-funded education programme in Tanzania. The Shule Bora (quality school) programme seeks to improve quality, inclusiveness, and safety of learning for all 11.5 million girls and boys in government pre-primary and primary schools in Tanzania. In addition to providing support to government systems at the national level, Shule Bora will provide additional focused support to an estimated 4.4 million children in 9 regions.
The Team Leader is responsible for technical and operational oversight of the programme. They will be a highly experienced Team Leader/Chief of Party with experience improving the quality, inclusiveness and safety of learning for boys and girls as well as supporting governments deliver national education reforms that achieve learning outcomes.
As well overseeing technical deliverables and implementation of project activities, the Team Leader will provide overall leadership and supervision of the senior management team, technical and administrative staff, and sub-awardees; maintain a strong working relationship with DFID and key programme stakeholders, and ensure appropriate performance management to deliver the programme.
The Team Leader will also oversee programme work planning, financial management, risk management, monitoring and evaluation, strategic communications, and evidence generation.
The position will be based in Dodoma and will require travel to other parts of Tanzania. The project is expected to start in March 2021 and conclude in March 2027.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social science, international development, or a related discipline is required. Advanced degree in education or relevant discipline is preferred
- Track record of progressive responsibility, and at least ten years of professional experience managing large (£30m+), complex, donor-funded education and/or national system/institutional reform projects of similar scale, scope and complexity in developing countries, including as Team Leader/Chief of Party
- Familiarity of working closely with central government ministries to implement reforms; build capacity in data analysis, planning, resource allocation and budget disbursement; and/or improve public financial management. Experience supporting the implementation of Payment for Results (PforR) mechanisms is strongly preferred
- Experience taking a holistic approach when intervening in schools (i.e. working at different levels of the school environment to maximise effectiveness, specifically: teaching, management and leadership and community). Demonstrated international thought leadership in the field of international education and specifically pre-primary and primary education is preferred
- Experience delivering gender- and disability-sensitive/transformative pedagogy, and enhancing school safety
- Experience managing programmes in a politically smart, adaptive and iterative way that draws on systems thinking, political economy analysis and generating/using evidence and lessons learned to inform programme delivery
- Experience leading large teams
- Track record of collaborating and building partnerships with host country governments, UK government agencies, donor agencies and international organisations
- Experience working on DFID-funded projects is strongly preferred
- Geographical experience and knowledge of education sector in East Africa and particularly in Tanzania is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English is required. A working knowledge of Swahili would be an advantage
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will received consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 5th August, 2020.