- Company: Amref Health Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Amref Health Africa
Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa has over 1000 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and South Africa, Malawi, Zambia, South Sudan and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child Health, Water and sanitation, e learning programme and clinical outreach. With the above background, Amref Health Africa Tanzania has the following vacancies:
Position: Treasury Accountant (1)
Job Location: Dar es Salaam
Report to: Head of Finance
Monitoring daily cash flows and managing the cash position of the organisation. Processing monthly call downs from Head Quarters and where necessary. Controlling all interfaces with operating systems and banking, reconciling bank accounts, managing money transmission systems and managing the relationship with Amref Health Africa bankers.
KEY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Treasury Team Management; He/she will be responsible for daily management of team. Ensure that tasks are completed within deadlines and all members of the team contribute to team objectives, that the workload is spread evenly, allocated on a flexible basis and each function is self-covering during absence of any member. Promote team working and advocate tasks sharing ensuring Treasury functions are met on a day to day basis and to ensure continuous development of necessary controls to improve Treasury functions
- Managing the relationship with Amref Health Africa Bankers; Manage day to day relationship with all Amref Health Africa bankers. Ensure that mandates correctly reflect the current authorities and that Amref Health Africa is aware of current banking practices to improve efficiency of the function.
- Managing Money Transmission Systems; this include to promote the use of efficient money transmission systems for receipts and payments. Ensure that funds are receipted and instantly in appropriate accounts. Ensure an efficient transfer of information between Amref Health Africa and its bankers, that statements are electronically downloaded and that filling or archive storage is properly organized.
- Reconciliation of Bank and Inter-ledger accounts; this includes to ensure that all Amref Health Africa bank accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis by the 10th of every month and that all outstanding items are followed up and cleared. The same should be approved and filed by the 15th of the same month. Ensure that all inter ledger accounts are reconciled monthly, and all outstanding items are cleared to leave a zero balance at the close of the financial year.
- Generation of Payments; this includes payment generation whilst ensuring that correct amounts are checked approved and paid. And also confirming that all necessary support documentation is attached to such payments
- Posting of Income; this will include grants, Inter-leger transactions, direct debit rejects and collections and bank charges. Alert relevant personnel as soon as grants are received in our bank accounts, ensure remittance advices and official receipts are sent to the donor to acknowledge receipt. Ensure all income is recorded on a daily basis and reconciled with Navision System. Ensure that all receipts are banked intact and properly recorded in Navision.
- Cash Flow Management; to prepare of weekly cash flows, month end cash analysis, three monthly cash forecast and annual cash forecast to ensure efficient cash management and sufficient funds for revenue items, capital budgets and major project plans. This will include calling down funds from Head Quarters as required. Monitor the daily cash position and allocate available funds to meet country office call downs as appropriate. Review cash balances and ensure transfers to local currency accounts are timely made to ensure smooth operations. Ensure that no overdrawing of any bank account happens at any point in time, ensure MPESA account has sufficient funds at all times and make timely communication in case of anticipated cash shortages.
- Project Balance Tracking; maintain and update the negative project balance tracker and circulate it on a monthly basis with recommended actions as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field
- Full professional accounting qualification, CPA (T) /ACCA
- Six (6) years accounting experience
- Experience handling multi-currency transactions
Method of Application
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours June 15, 2020. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved.
All correspondences should be directed to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
- Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
- “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
- Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.